(edited to correct a link)
I’ve seen these around, but never got a chance to figure out what they were. Well, Andrew at Life between 0 and 1 nominated me this time around, and I wanted to take the time to peruse what it was about. It’s simple: according to the creator Okoto Enigma, it’s about finding new and different blogs together and spreading the audience.
I gotta admit, I’ve seen some interesting ones so far, and I love to browse other people’s sites when I get the chance to do so.
There are a few rules associated with this award to pay it forward or pass it on. So, as the great sub commander, Tom Dodge, once said, “Let’s kick this pig!”
- Post the award/ image on your blog (see above)
- Thank whoever nominated you and give a link back to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and give a link back to their blog.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 deserving bloggers and notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; including one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post.
So, three things about myself:
- I have way too much fun watching cartoons, and remembering them, and definitely prefer Warner Bros. over Disney cartoons (the 90s had the best ones since the original Looney Tunes, as far as I’m concerned).
- I’ve watched and read just about everything about the Titanic disaster since I was 5 years old…and still do.
- If money wasn’t an issue, I’d love to just take a road trip all over the U.S., meet all kinds of people, and write/video my experiences.
And to answer Andrew’s 5 questions:
- When did you start blogging and why?–I started in October 2016 because I wanted to be able to ask questions and “talk” with different people than I’m used to. I don’t have many friends, but I know a lot of people. I just like learning about things from other people’s views and having a chance at good conversation. It’s a slow start sometimes, but it’s part of the fun, learning about my own voice and seeing where I can take it, too.
- If you had one vehicle to purchase in your entire life, what would it be and why?–If I could get lessons, it would have to be an Indian motorcycle from the WWI era up to about the mid 1930s. I don’t like most motorcycles these days–they’re covered up in so much crap. The early Indians were stripped down and simpler–I’d like that.
- Are you a citizen of more than one country? Which ones?–Just an American girl.
- What is your favorite meal?–fried shrimp, fries (or baked potato), cole slaw, hush puppies, with tartar AND cocktail sauces, and a starter salad with blue-cheese dressing
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?–I’ve spent five minutes trying to figure this out…and I can’t. I think I wouldn’t mind being me (strangely enough), but would like a chance to just hang out with certain people for one day and get to know ’em on a casual, personal level: Benjamin Franklin, Ray Bradbury, Jane Austen, Jon Stewart, Mark Twain, Maya Angelou, Carol Burnett, Maureen O’Hara, Katherine Hepburn… and okay, I’ll admit Tom Hiddleston, too, because I bet they’d all be awesome conversation.
My best post: Well, I’m still finding my voice and experimenting with my blog, so I can’t pick exactly. But I will say what the numbers indicate (as of 5/2/17) is my post “Why today might be the 2nd best Valentine’s Day in my memory, 2017 edition.” I had some fun remembering a really good Valentines Day while looking around and seeing a sub-par one…for many people, it seemed.
And now, to pay it forward–10 bloggers that Tally, The Chatty Introvert, will bestow this award on (and I’m doing my best not to pick ones Andrew already did, since we follow many of the same people):
- Q. Rumbley’s Carve & Draw
- misterpete4u’s Our Better Health
- Christa Bass’ A Voluptuous Mind
- PiedType at Pied Type
- Raymond at The Relationship Blogger
- John Pavlovitz at Stuff that Needs to Be Said
- Bookshelf Q. Battler at Bookshelf Battle
- Rae at Bookmark Chronicles
- Ray Laskowitz at Storyteller
- Spearfruit at Spearfruit
And here are the questions I’d like to ask:
- Is blog writing the only writing you do? If not, what other writing do you do?
- If you could hang out with any world leader (past or present) for a day, who would it be and why?
- Coffee or tea (and what kind)?
- What’s your favorite kind of soup?
- Are there any movies that you liked better than the books they were based off of (I know, blasphemy)? If so, what were they?
Huh–I gotta admit, this was fun to think about. Thanks for the nod, Andrew. Happy thinking and writing and hugs to all.